<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/15413554?origin\x3dhttp://whimsical-bits.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

2013

Tuesday, January 01, 2013


2012 has come and gone. Boy, time flies. I can still vividly recall my countdown in Hong Kong at this time last year.

2012 was a good year, not exactly great, since I entered the year with a lot of apprehension and pain. I didn't know how I would be able to get through the year but I did. And with God's grace I did more than just get through.

At the dawn of this new year, there's a bubbling sense of excitement within me. I've never felt so excited about crossing into a new year before, and I believe that 2013 is going to be quite drastically different. No idea why. I feel that God is going to unfold awesome things before our very eyes.

I don't quite believe in resolutions anymore. They never work. But I do have a theme(?) for this year...I don't know what to call it but it's something like a motto that I'm going live by for 2013. Here it goes:

In 2013 I will not give God my leftovers, but I will strive to give my very best to Him. 

Last year God gave me a word; to pray and never give up. I didn't really take it seriously right at the start and there were times where I felt that maybe I made that up myself. But as 2012 unfolded, the church went into intense praying mode, and there was so much emphasis on prayer as well. It blew my mind away.

This year, the word that God placed in my heart is the word FRUITFUL. It sounds more like a promise than a command, which is awesome. Again, I don't know if I'm making this up but this word seems to be stuck in my head. As though God doesn't want me to forget. I think He also added a disclaimer to this promise, that if I want to be fruitful, then I jolly well got to pray for it.

Well, 2013 is going to be a year of hard work. But right now I feel like it's a fresh beginning, and things are looking hopeful.

Happy New Year!


was being whimsical at 6:12 PM
0 fellow whims

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket