Well, not exactly someone. It's not a something either.
Baby (my little red-eyed hamster) died on a Deepavali morning.
Her body was stiff and stretched out. As though she took her last breath and passed on. She has been with me for three full years. The little furry thing kept me company when I was eating, when I sleeping, when I was working. She took my mind off my personal heartaches.
I begged for God to keep her alive so that she could keep me company. Everytime I looked at her, going on for 2 years, 3 years (even mom marveled at her zombie-esque lifespan), I'm reminded of God's love for me.
The day before she died I saw her wobbling around in the cage. Her head was balding, her eyes were swollen and she looked like she was suffering. There was a momentary thought of "I think I'll be ok, it's time to let go".
I love her. I'm not too sure if she loves me back but she would grow still and quiet whenever I stroke her head. I think that is enough.