<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/15413554?origin\x3dhttp://whimsical-bits.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Musical Monday

Tuesday, November 27, 2012


I'm probably going to have to try and blog this without sounding overly bitchy.

Today wasn't a good day.

It started off well enough.

It was the first day of the holidays. I slept in late, lazed around and went for a jog in the afternoon. I then contemplated if I should go for the pub outing that my colleagues had arranged later in the evening. I really really didn't want to go. Not especially after my bath when I finished jogging. I honestly didn't fancy the company and the line-up of activities wasn't that enticing enough for me to overlook that factor.

But I could hear A's voice ringing in my head. I think I pangseh-ed them too many times to pangseh them again this time. I don't think the rest would care whether I turned up or not, but for A's sake, I dragged myself out of the house.

Never mind that in the evening time I had to squish amongst the working adults like a sardine trying to get to town. Never mind that I had no idea where the meeting place was and I was just walking around town like a lost puppy, waiting for one of them to reply me. Never mind that I was so hungry that I was in a half-delirious mode.

7:30pm came. The instructions poured in. "Cross the road" "We are at Starbucks" "Where u"

I literally flipped. Which road?! We are in town, there are like a gazillion Starbucks, one at every junction for goodness sake. And does it matter where am I? I want to know where are you???? And don't I at least deserve a grammatical sentence?

I was hungry. I was giddy. I was lost. Didn't help when they told me they were already at the place when I had asked if they could wait for me to bring me over as well. I was seriously pissed.

Yes I was lost. I am a local. And I got lost in freaking Orchard Road. To be specific, I got lost in ION, trying to get from ION to Wheelock Place. I know that sounds really like a loser-ish moment. But for that moment I felt like a 75 year old little old lady who got entirely overwhelmed by the crowds, the flashing neon lights and the labyrinth of shopping passages.

Finally I got there. I felt bad when I saw that A came out of the pub to meet me at the traffic. I tried to calm down and recollect myself. I am going to have fun.

Guess what, the moment I sat down, A left. I think something grievously nasty happened so I wasn't mad. BUT. I came here for her!! So I was stuck with W and S. W, as always, forever enamored with S, starts pouring out her troubles to him. There was a moment her lips quivered. I would have felt really bad for her if not for the fact that whatever she was saying was the third time I was hearing it. Literally word for word. Sorry, but I started spacing out as they were have a heart-to-heart moment.

You know what? Life is unfair. Get over it. Our lives could have been much worse. I understand that everyone has certain weaknesses or bad situations that may recur again and again in their lives. I'm sympathetic with that. But it is nearly impossible to patiently hear someone talk about the same woes again and again. And again.

As if things couldn't get worse, the waitress made a mistake in my order. I wanted some prawn spaghetti, but I ended up with a kimchi flavoured one. Kimchi is probably not something you should eat when you are so hungry that you could eat a cow. Cause all it does is to make you want to eat two cows.

The performances were okay. The highlight was when a professional thespian did a number for Music of the Night, which was awesome. The rest was just a blend of flamboyant gays, ladies-in-their-thirties and amateurs who did a range of musical numbers. Good for them I say, but I would really rather stay at home and watch youtube videos.

I left home early. Before I walked home, I stopped by 7-11 and bought myself some Meiji popsicles to kind of make up for the bleh day I had.

The popsicle was really the highlight of my night. Bleh.


was being whimsical at 12:54 AM
0 fellow whims

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket