As promised, I finally made a strawberry shortcake in a jar for Cheong. My first attempt failed terribly and my cake ended up hard enough to cause substantial injury if thrown at someone else.
Of course I'm no Betty Crocker, Martha Stewart or Julia Child. I made the cake from cake mix (Purists: Oh, the horror!) and chucked it into the microwave. The end result wasn't bad at all. Surprisingly. It was edible and it looked rather decent, don't you think?
Hols have officially started (now that I'm done with formal school duties), and I'm feeling a little lost. I have this grand idea of catching up on all the arty farty movies, indie documentaries and poring over great classics like Rushdie's Midnight Children, Orwell's 1984 and Fitzgerald's The Great Gatsby (actually...have I already read that? Oh my god, I can't remember).
And of course none of that will probably happen. I'd probably be watching teen flicks, Disney cartoons and cheesy rom-coms. As of now I have already completed my fifth round of Beauty and the Beast, and this morning I've had a grand time watching 10 things I hate about you. Oh Mr Ledger, you were really hot.
My vintage copy of Grimm's Fairy Tales is lying on my table.